Recomended Products

Monday, May 17, 2010

Emergency Tools, Books and Gear Part II

This is a follow up to the previous post Near Emergency in Memphis.

To continue my previous story about emergency preparedness and things you should have on hand in case something happens; I thought I would put together a list of things I own (or wish I owned) from my personal Amazon "Wish List".



To avoid describing every thing on this list, because many have done it better than I can and their books are on my previous post link above, I will simply list the items.  This is not an exhaustive list, just some big things that may not be just laying around the house when and emergency happens.  The book I just finished on the subject is:Emergency: This Book Will Save Your Life.  It is a good starting point and is more story than instructive textbook in feel.  Another one I have read that is more instructive and good for an introduction is:  98.6 Degrees: The Art of Keeping Your Ass Alive.



































  












































































































































I think I would have to have a book if the world ended or the power was simply out for a while.  Something about travel:

















So there is my list of things needed in an emergency.  Feel free to add whatever else you may need and let me know if the comments.

Some live chickens in the back yard might be a good thing to add also.



--

No comments:

Post a Comment